Welcome to Holistic Wellness 4 Kids! My name is Dr. Elizabeth Ward. I live with my amazing family who are; my husband Mathew and three children Matix, Zoie, and Xavier (my favorite 4). For personal enrichment I enjoy running, hiking, biking, camping, non-fiction reading, researching, and learning about the functional wellness model. During my educational journey I have achieved:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology (B.A.)
- A dual track Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health (M.ED.)
- I am a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC).
- My Doctorate degree is in Educational Psychology (Ph.D.).
- I am a Certified Wellness Coach.
- I have integrative training in: nutrition, alternative medicine, aromatherapy, herbalism, homeopathy, acupuncture, integrative listening therapy, light therapy, detoxification, and bioenergetics.
I consider myself to be a wellness and learning advocate for children. As a holistically minded Therapist and Health Coach, I specialize in working with children who have Autism, ADHD, Anxiety, learning disabilities and other “neuro-immune” based disorders. I view neurological disorders as Neuro-immune disorders that effect the neurological and immune systems collectively. I am passionate about helping children find their inner strengths to heal their own bodies. Therapeutic healing is supported through the approaches of:
- optimal nutrition
- herbs, vitamins, minerals
- exercise, movement
- lymphatic drainage
- bioenergetics, energy
- essential oils
- Detoxification protocols
- positive narratives
- Nurturing behavioral training
- Regenerating resilience
My favorite quotes:
“When we know better, we do better.” (Maya Angelou)
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of majority, it is time to pause and reflect” (Mark Twain)
“It aint what you don’t know that gets you into trouble, its what you know for sure that just aint so.” (Mark Twain)
“Don’t let schooling interfere with your education” (Mark Twain)
“Your body created it, your body can heal it.” (Chris Wark)